|Job Title||Training Lieutenant*|
|Location||Sonoma County, CA*||*Position is based out of Sonoma County, CA|
|Department||Clinical / QA|
Pay Status/FLSA Code:
Paramedic Training Captain
Clinical/QA/Risk & Safety/Training
Reviewed & Updated:
Under the general supervision of the Training Captain, and with a high regard for customer service, the Training Lieutenant shall be responsible for assisting with the development, deployment, promotion, scheduling, and coordination of all Falck Northern California workforce. The Training Lieutenant shall also assist with the facilitation of new hire training. The Training Lieutenant shall work in concert with the CQI and Safety teams to ensure coordination between safety, quality, and training.
The duties of the Training Lieutenant include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Deliver instruction in AHA courses appropriate to instructor certification.
- Ensure that all training equipment is maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of training supplies.
- Provide routine maintenance of classroom and training equipment as necessary.
- Assist with internal investigations related to quality and performance and recommend and deliver disciplinary action as necessary.
- Assists with the development and facilitation of ongoing workforce training and education.
- Assists with the development and deployment of monthly online workforce training.
- Assists with the oversight of BLS and CCT Field Training Officer program; coordinates meetings, schedules, and assists with training.
- Works closely with the CQI and Safety teams to ensure training priorities and subjects are addressed.
- May serve as company representative at relevant meetings related to education, AHA, or CQI.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Training Captain.
The Training Lieutenant may be assigned one or more additional duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide general administrative and clerical support as needed.
- Communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Other duties as assigned by Training Captain.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- AHA BLS Instructor certification.
- Prior experience with AHA program administration preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction, work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated competency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The individual in this position must preferred/possess the following education requirements:
- Current certification as an EMT.
- Preferred Associates Degree in related field (public safety) or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the medical/healthcare field.
- Completion of 40 hour adult learning theory certification course. (May obtain within 6 months of assignment).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Occasionally: Must have the ability to lift, carry and balance up to 15 pounds.
Frequently: Good manual dexterity, typing wpm 40, with the ability to perform all tasks related to the position of Training Supervisor.
Constantly: Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, possess hand-eye-foot coordination and color recognition.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasionally: Memorization, critical judgment, problem solving.
Frequently: Simple and complex mathematic skills, reasoning, ability to read, interpret and correspond in various written communication formats.
Constantly: Logic, ethical judgment and reasoning, active listening skills, decision making, ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal formats.
Current EMT certification (minimum)
The individual in this position must be familiar with using the following equipment to perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasionally: Fax machine, copy machine, hole-punch, calculator, laminating machine.
Frequently: Printer, telephone, clock.
Constantly: Computer, AV equipment.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel approximately 40%-50% of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This document in no way constitutes a contract of employment. Falck USA reserves the right to modify job descriptions, policies or any other procedural documents at any time, for any reason without prior notice.