|Job Title||Captain Emergency Medical Services|
Falck is a is a global emergency medical services provider originating from Denmark that services 4 states in the US including: California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado. Falck has been operating in the US since 2010 and is one of the largest private providers of emergency medical services in the country today. Our BLS and ALS services impact not only the lives of our patients, but their families and communities.
Click on the below link for a short video about what it means to join Falck!
Under the general supervision of the Operations Leadership, the Operations Captain is responsible for the daily oversight and supervision of company-wide operations while demonstrating the highest level of customer service. The Field
Captain works in close collaboration with the Base and Communication Center Leads to ensure the safe and efficient operations of the company. The Operations Captain is classified as a union position.
What We Offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Paid Time-Off
- Tuition Reimbursement for Paramedic Programs
The Operations Captain may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Serve as a professional role model in both appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Promote a culture of trust and teamwork within all divisions of the company.
- Serve as the first point of contact and support for daily operational issues.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the service area, current services, and contracted facilities.
- Work closely with the Communications Center and Fleet Department to ensure safe and efficient daily operations using independent judgement.
- Oversee and manage/supervise one of the following operational areas; Documentation, Fleet, Supplies, or others as assigned autonomously.
- Demonstrate a high degree of familiarity with local, regional and state regulations that pertain to EMS.
- Demonstrate a high degree of familiarity and compliance with all internal and customer policies and procedures related to daily operations.
- Provide guidance and/or corrective action to subordinates when needed as a supervisor.
- Act as a resource for all field employees and Captains and make decisions independently
- Provide daily oversight for Operations
- Assist General Manager with operational changes
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of the quality assurance and improvement program.
- Demonstrate a high degree of familiarity and compliance with all established Company and customer policies and procedures related to coordination of patient transport.
The Operations Captain may be assigned one or more additional duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- One (1) year of experience in a leadership capacity within EMS
- Three (3) years of work experience in a high performance 911 EMS
- Demonstrated background of successful customer service experience.
- Driving record in compliance with Company policy regarding insurability.
- Must be an Alameda County Advanced Paramedic or be able to qualify as
such within 30 days of employment.
Falck is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.