|Job Title||Vehicle Service Technician|
Falck is a is a global emergency medical services provider originating from Denmark that services 4 states in the US including: California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado. Falck has been operating in the US since 2010 and is one of the largest private providers of emergency medical services in the country today. Our BLS and ALS services impact not only the lives of our patients, but their families and communities.
The main job responsibility of the Vehicle Service Technician (VST) is to decrease the crew in-service time by eliminating the need for crews to inventory unit, prevent equipment malfunctions through an intensive PM schedule, and decrease the amount of lost unit hours due to equipment issues.
What We Offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Paid Time-Off
The VST may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prior to the beginning of the unit’s shift responsible for inventorying and restocking vehicles with the necessary medical equipment/supplies.
- Coordinate maintenance of adequate supplies to avoid shortages.
- Maintain asset tracking and preventative maintenance schedules and records for ancillary hardware.
- Inventory medical supplies and restock all units prior to the units going in service, including but not limited to: Backboards, KED’s, Cervical Collars, Oxygen Cylinders, Biohazard Bags, Trash Bags / Cleaning Supplies, Suction Units, Bag Valve Masks, Laryngoscopes, Scoop Stretchers.
- Inventory and restock hard and soft kits as requested by Materials Manager, and as indicated by inventory levels and company policy.
- Report deficiencies, safety violations, and hazards to the On Duty Supervisor.
- Complete Unit Inventory Form completely and accurately.
- Check oxygen pressure levels and replace if below policy minimums.
- Comply with established universal precautions and isolation procedures.
- Maintain parts inventory and requisition replacement parts as necessary.
- Maintain tools in a secure, clean, and safe environment.
- Stay versed in the needs and expectations of field personnel, supervisors, and mechanics.
- Coordinate shipment of assigned miscellaneous types of field equipment to designated service centers as directed by Materials Manager.
- Attend and participate in service education classes, on the job training programs, etc. as scheduled or as directed.
- Handle, dispose of, and clean medical supplies and equipment without creating an undue exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Ability to achieve skills taught by Falck USA personnel in repairs and related duties. Must demonstrate proficiency to instructor’s satisfaction.
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Clean driving record that aligns with company policy
Falck is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.